A new MP for SQL for SCOM 2007 has been released. This looks pretty much a no brainer to deploy. Key points that I like are:
- The old MP doesn’t collect all metrics unless “DMO” is installed. DMO does not ship with SQL 2008 so most SQL 2008 boxes are not properly monitored without additional work.
- Support for SQL 2008 R2 et al.
- Improved Views for Database Free Space and SQL Performance
- Free space monitoring improved.
- Better support for SQL job discovery
- Better monitoring of SQL events and Key Performance Metrics
There are lots of other misc improvements and the download is here